Cameron Brosnihan is one of the youngest athletes to tear his ACL. Remarkably, he tore his ACL at the age of 9 playing football, and then made a successful comeback, leading his team to win the Eastern Championship!
About me: I am almost 11 now. I am athletic and smart. My favorite things are football and math.
1) Can you share your ACL story?
I was playing football and was at safety and I was blitzing. I took a step to try and hit the quarterback but while my foot was planted I got hit from behind and it twisted and I fell hard. My ACL snapped.
3) How did you stay motivated throughout the process?
I wanted to go back to football for the next season.
2) What was the hardest part of the experience?
Physical Therapy was the hardest part. It can be boring and long.
4) What advice would you give to other athletes on the road to recovery?
Don’t give up and keep on trying!
5) Do you think this experience changed you as a person?
Yes, it makes me think that I can do anything and I also have a different perspective of people in wheelchairs and on crutches.